Friday, November 9, 2007

My Way or ?

Is there some kind of secret to get kids to listen and do what they need to do? I know my parents hit us every now and then and that worked kinda. But I don't want to rule by fear. I love my parents but the my way or the high way is out for me.

My major problem is two boys who look vacantly into my eyes when i for example ask, "Have you brushed your teeth, tie your shoes..." And later, I find them in various states of not having done what needed to be done doing something totally irrelevant. I remember running around like crazy in the morning getting it done. Is it a boy thing or is it a Generation...what would a ten year old be "Q". I don't know.

I'm trying massive praise and raising my expectation. We'll see how that works. If you have any clues let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment