Thursday, May 5, 2011

Where's my mommy!

My dog was hoping around what I thought was a snake in my yard this morning. Yikes! I went to peak and it was a baby bluejay. The baby bird was hoping around on the ground. I wanted to help him so I found this great web site and learned a little bit about wild life.
http://www.austinwildliferescue.org/
So I'll keep the dog out of the yard and keep an eye on the little guy. The Bird family was totally freaking out flying over head and making a ton of noise when I was checking out the area. I'm pretty sure he/she is safe as a bird on the ground can be. The wildlife web site is great and after a short and informative call I learned the best thing I can do is nothing. Awesome! Austin Wild Life Rescue runs on donation so if you care GIVE NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment