Sunday, December 9, 2007

Golden Compass

I just wanted to address the religious hype on the movie. I'm a Christian, raised Baptist my children are Christian with a strong faith. They are also intelligent young men who I want to think and use their heads. After seeing the movie I told them what some religious people were saying about the movie and about the books. We spoke about the story being against religion and we spoke about Atheism. My eldest (10) said he thought the movie was exciting and the threat was about government. Both boys said a movie would not change their belief and that any parent who believed it would did not teach their kids correctly about God. My point is that we should utilize Movies and adverse opinions for gate ways to discussion. I will never assume my children are not smart enough to make the best choice. After all, I hope I’m preparing them to make these life affirming decisions on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment