Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy?

My sister is happy for the first time in years. Granted she has no short term memory and is a bit loopy. But being in treatment or recovery for the last years had taken a toll and robbed her spirit. Somehow brain surgery returned her humor, and the unpredictable silliness that I love. We talked for hours about our lives from childhood to adult but when I left the room for a minute she would not remember where I’d went. She is like a goofy kid trusting and full of love.

I was able to sit with my siblings and discuss the ugly details, insurance, living will trust and most important my nephew's immediate future and beyond. We cried and laughed but mostly we laughed. This is the hardest thing we've ever had to deal with however I know with God's help we'll get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment